Defining products and guiding your team's success
YOU: You define the product requirements and guide your team’s success, and are also the technical lead in business development, liaising with and designing application recommendations for new clients and working with producers to scope technical builds. With your track record of successful products that live in the world, you draw from your experience to transform business requirements into a strategic technology plan.
THEM: A Brooklyn-based ‘agency’ that focuses solely on user-centered websites and platforms. If you’re in to Flash and/or advertising campaigns, you’ve come to the wrong place. This shop is all about creating modern interactive systems, using an interdisciplinary approach that blends the practices of design, technology and branding.
- Lead technology work streams across concurrent projects
- Ensure the highest quality output: efficient, clean, expressive, maintainable, and well-architected code.
- Support and improve the developer experience (DX)
- On time and within budget: You can assess recommendations against scope, cost, and craft contingency plans.
- Design strategic application architecture recommendations and scope technical builds in the RFP and new business process.
- Protect and drive productivity, efficiency, and optimization that bolsters developer happiness. From the perspective of developer experience, you are chiefly concerned with process optimization— how we work together.
- Support and navigate technical aspects of the studio operations.
- You have 7+ years of experience as a seasoned application engineer, some of which within an agency environment. You’ve architected and lead large-scale engagements.
- You are experience-driven with a focus on strategic goals and user needs. You enjoy collaborating with an interdisciplinary team to deliver value and an exceptional experience.
- You are resourceful and have the skills necessary to research, evaluate and determine the best technology for a project, including a cost-benefit analysis, ensuring adaptability, sustainability, extensibility, and interoperability.
- You have advanced knowledge of various programming languages and frameworks.
- You have mastery of with various architectural patterns regarding SQL, queues, services, concurrency, load balancing, reliability, and failover.
- You can review business requirements to craft a system architecture that meets and exceeds client needs.
- You’re comfortable conversing with clients both technical and non-technical alike to sell through your recommendation.