Making engineering a fundamental part of the design process
YOU: A design-driven coder, thinker, and problem solver who brings ideas into reality through the rigorous articulation of creative, strategic, and technical concepts.
THEM: A Brooklyn-based ‘agency’ that focuses solely on user-centered websites and platforms. If you’re in to Flash and/or advertising campaigns, you’ve come to the wrong place. This shop is all about creating modern interactive systems, using an interdisciplinary approach that blends the practices of design, technology and branding.
- Lead technology work streams across concurrent projects
- Ensure the highest quality output
- Support and improve the developer experience (DX)
- On time, on budget- you can assess recommendations against scope, cost, and craft contingency plans
- Design strategic application architecture recommendations and scope technical builds in the RFP and new business process
- Protect and drive productivity, efficiency, and optimization that bolsters developer happiness. From the perspective of developer experience, you are chiefly concerned with process optimization— how we work together.
- Support and navigate technical aspects of the office operations.
- 5-8 years experience
- You are craft-driven — as a seasoned application engineer with back-end development experience in an agency environment, you’ve developed and lead large-scale and concurrent technology engagements.
- You have advanced knowledge and mastery of programming languages, frameworks and architectural patterns. Including: PHP, Laravel, Ruby on Rails, WordPress, SQL, queues, services, concurrency, load balancing, reliability, and failover. You know all about these languages and can propose alternative solutions and cost-benefit analysis based on these technologies.
- You can review business requirements to craft a system architecture that meets and exceeds client needs. You reduce risk and deliver builds on time and on budget without diminishing code quality.
- You’re comfortable conversing with clients both technical and non-technical alike to sell through your recommendation.