Architecting and building backend applications
YOU: An advanced backend engineer who collaborates with interface engineers, designers, and producers to bring digital products to life
THEM: A Brooklyn-based ‘agency’ that focuses solely on user-centered websites and platforms. If you’re in to Flash and/or advertising campaigns, you’ve come to the wrong place. This shop is all about creating modern interactive systems, using an interdisciplinary approach that blends the practices of design, technology and branding.
- Build backend applications with special attention to performance, extensibility, sustainability, and security.
- Extend application features by building interfaces to 3rd party services.
- Set up codebase and various environments (local, test, production) with deployment tools to be used by the other developers of the team.
- Collaborate on research and experimentation for client and internal project work.
- Support the front-end engineer in client-side application integration.
- Write specs and documentation for readmes, internal or external documentation as needed
- Strong knowledge of modern PHP techniques, Laravel framework and related tools
- Fluent with database technologies as PostgreSQL and MySQL/MariaDB
- Comfortable with provisioning and deployment tools such as Forge and Ansible
- Savvy user of Git
- Keen eye for detail and passion for performant, clean code
- Adept at navigating technical conversations with both team members and clients alike
- Have an understanding of agency workflow and are an expert collaborator. Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, you are able to pivot between work streams; you can focus on one project for an extended duration or contribute to multiple projects simultaneously.
- You follow industry-accepted standards, specifications, and best practices and you contribute to or follow open source projects.