Deeply-networked lover of connections
About You & Them: You & Them is a boutique recruiting co. seeking a new Talent Scout (aka Recruiter) in NYC to help us source candidate(s) for the wide variety of exciting job openings our clients regularly task us to fill. We work with agencies, brands & startups in NYC who deeply value their talent and understand that the recruiting experience is just as important to their brand image as the product or service they sell.
You & Them are not external sales people, we are business partners to our Clients and career coaches to our Candidates. While everything is going high-tech, we’re going higher-touch with a human-centric, referral-based approach to uncovering the best talent in NYC for our Clients.
With great intuition, integrity and empathy – we embrace our responsibility to foster connections that allow our community and our industry to thrive. Our deep love for people is at the core of everything we do.
About You:First and foremost, you are a lover of people and the invisible lines that connect us all. Whether it’s food, music or work, your mind is always spinning with recommendations, introductions and connections that just have to be made! You get a rush out of helping businesses grow and people to advance in life. You are an excellent listener who takes time and interest in what people & companies are dreaming about and you have a gift for asking tough questions people feel compelled, yet comfortable, to answer. You are a quick, accurate judge of character who’s frequently complimented on your intuition and you have a chameleon-like ability to adapt your vibe to the person sitting across from you.
If you’re a super well-connected agency/brand/start-up person who’s tired of the late nights and want to put your industry expertise and network to use in a new and exciting way, this could be the opportunity for you!
- Source Candidates with the goal of filling 1-2 full time positions/month, on average
- Work a minimum of 20 hours/week (you can design your ideal schedule and work from the location of your choice, but you must be consistently accessible for time sensitive client matters, i.e. last minute interview rescheduling, etc.)
- Meet both Clients & Candidates in person, in NYC, on a weekly basis
- Work independently, consistently & diligently, i.e. you’re highly organized & self-motivated
- Network constantly; connecting with people who are a fit for specific job openings we’re working on, as well as other great Candidates who could be a fit for future clients/roles
- Ongoing research, referral requests and outreach to existing and new contacts
- Ongoing vetting of candidates, with a discerning ability to see how their skills could be applied to various roles, from the obvious to the unexpected
- Craft compelling Candidate recommendations and follow-ups to Clients
- Schedule Candidate interviews and consistently follow up with Clients for feedback and next steps
- Confidently and expeditiously negotiate offers and close deals between Clients & Candidates
- Candidate coaching, i.e. personal positioning, resume help, interview prep, etc.
- Top-of-the-line customer service to both Clients & Candidates with the ability to customize your approach to their needs & work style
- 5 Min – 20 Max years experience at a progressive agency and/or brand/startup (big, traditional agency and media backgrounds typically don’t apply)
- Background in recruiting… or account management, project management, production, biz dev, marketing or strategy with a proven passion and track-record for connecting people
- Killer industry network and no hesitation to tap into it from Day 1 – with just a few details on a company/job, names immediately come to mind and you’re ready to reach out!
- You ‘get’ the advertising, marketing and start-up landscape; you know which co’s are hot (and which ones are not!) and understand the full cast of characters/roles and how they all work together
- Comfortable working on commission and regularly shifting gears based on client priorities
- You are flexible, resilient and able to roll with the punches of a service-driven business – you’re able to see the success that lies in the long-game despite the inevitable high/lows of ‘sales’ driven business
- Solid understanding of digital marketing and a keen eye for good design/creative
- You have an innate drive, sense of urgency and charismatic ability to smoothly close deals
- You have the gift of persuasion and the ability to craft the stories that help others see things differently and to be open-minded to your recommendations, i.e. you know how to push things forwards without feeling pushy
- You are an excellent communicator across the board; in person, via phone and over email – your vibe is professional, enthusiastic, articulate, charming and trustworthy
- Demonstrated track record in recruiting, a plus!