Creative Leader with a strong, clean visual design sense
YOU: You are a seasoned designer and confident leader. Highly imaginative and an excellent communicator, you are skilled at bringing people together. Branding, print, digital & mobile – you’ve got it covered and are no stranger to leading a team to create compelling work they’d be proud to put their names on.
THEM: Rapidly growing New York-based startup looking to expand its reach and develop as a national brand. This highly technology-driven Co. is focused on empowering clients and changing the way people buy & sell homes.
- Brainstorming kickoffs, pitches, or new projects
- Grow, lead and inspire the design team and promote continual creative improvement- actively contributing to a culture of creative excellence
- Partner with other senior creatives in setting the long-term vision and voice for the brand’s visual approach: from typography to layout to photo direction
- Collaborate with marketing leads on design projects and agent campaigns and guide the project briefing and scoping to ensure a healthy balance of results and great creative work
- Lead and direct key projects and select initiatives
- Advocate for designers, their process and proposed solutions
- Help build a network of creative partners of freelance designers, illustrators & photographers.
- Manage deadlines of multiple large-scale projects simultaneously
- 8+ years experience at a creative/branding agency or design-led consumer brand
- 4+ years experience in a creative leadership role
- A strong, dynamic portfolio that showcases a finely tuned and nuanced aesthetic
- Highly collaborative, driven by creative excellence and a self-starter
- Possesses strategic decision-making skills that can nimbly weigh business goals alongside creative goals. Process-driven, always improving mentality
- Strengths in typography, design systems, visual storytelling & art direction
- Familiar with entrepreneurial and tech-driven creative environments
- Excellent interpersonal communication and strong presentation skills